View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sapphire Buffalo Turf Review 

Post Sapphire Buffalo Turf Review
Sapphire Buffalo Turf Review...

I love the fine texture of Sapphire Buffalo turf. Buffalo in general is a great grass, but most types have too broad a leaf. Sapphire folds its leaf in half and looks much much finer textured than other Buffalo types. I find it also works great in shade. I heard recently it was rated number one in shade of all Buffalo grasses in industry wide research. It grows fast enough to out compete weeds, and fix itself from wear but not too fast like some that need constant mowing and edging.

I even had one kid say to me after rolling on my back lawn, what is this lawn? It's the best lawn in the world. 'True Story'. Now for someone obsessed with having a beautiful lawn, that felt great.

Thought I would share my experience with my Sapphire Backyard lawn.

Thu Mar 04, 2010

Post Re: Sapphire Buffalo Turf Review
Where was Sapphire Rated Number one in Shade? Most think Buffalo types are pretty similar in the shade.

I do agree that Buffalo is more shade tolerant than Couch and Kikuyu, but I have heard Zoysia is almost as good as Buffalo, about 2/3 the shade tolerance of Buffalo.

Wed May 26, 2010

Post Re: Sapphire Buffalo Turf Review
Sapphire was the highest scoring Buffalo in National trials conducted by the DPI in Queensland, and run by Horticulture Australia.

Zoysia is more shade tolerant than Couch and Kikuyu, but not as shade tolerant as Buffalo.

This is my shade scale for turf.

Couch, Kikuyu about 15%. Zoysia about 35% to 40%. Buffalo 50% up to 65%. Mondo Grass, or Liriope Isabella. 90%.

Wed May 26, 2010
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]