View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Herbicides for native grass plants? 

Post Herbicides for native grass plants?
Are there any chemicals I can use to kill weeds in my garden? They are around native grasses, so I don't want to kill them!

Fri Nov 26, 2010

Post Re: Herbicides for native grass plants?
There is nothing that I know of that can be sprayed over the native grasses which will kill the weeds and not the native grasses. Round up can be used around the native grasses just make sure you do not accidentally get any spray on the native grasses or spray drift. If you have strappy leaf plants like Lomandra and Dianella fusilade can be sprayed over these plants to kill grassy weeds without killing the Lomandra and Dianella. Fusilade CAN NOT be used over native grasses such as Poa, Pennisetum and Themeda etc as it will knock these out.

Mon Jan 24, 2011

I have 2 x 1LT Bottles of Liquid Monument.

MONUMENT LIQUID is a selective herbicide for application after emergence of weeds, for control of certain weeds in established turf. MONUMENT LIQUID is an oil dispersion formulation that mixes readily with water and is applied as a spray. The degree of control resulting from application of MONUMENT LIQUID is primarily dependent upon weed species, weed size at application, environmental conditions, amount of MONUMENT LIQUID applied and growing conditions. Weed control is greatly improved when weeds have emerged, ample soil moisture exists and weeds are actively growing, than when the soil is dry and weeds are under stress from lack of moisture. Growth of susceptible weeds is inhibited soon after application of MONUMENT LIQUID. The leaves of susceptible plants normally turn yellow, red or purple after several days, followed by necrosis and death of the growing point. Complete plant death generally occurs 2 to 4 weeks after application, depending on the weed species, growing conditions, etc. Apply to actively growing weeds during early stages of development for best results. For optimum performance avoid mowing for 1 to 2 days prior to and following application.

The Retail Price per bottle is $1,050 + GST

I will be selling them for $700 inc

Wed Sep 14, 2011

Broadleaf sprays that work on Buffalo turf a re usually OK for Native grasses to take out broadleaf weeds. Grass weeds need to be removed by hand, or have roundup painted on them.

Thu Sep 29, 2011
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]