View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 What Is The Lowest Maintenance Turf? 

Post What Is The Lowest Maintenance Turf?
I would like to know what others think is the lowest maintenance turf. I heard Palmetto Buffalo is very low maintenance. What about Sir Walter? Any other low maintenance ones?

Fri Feb 19, 2010

Post Re: What is the lowest maintenance turf.
Empire Zoysia. EZ is easily the lowest maintenance turf. Half the mowing of Couch, a third of Kikuyu, and 30% less than Buffalo. Palmetto is less mowing than other Buffalo types.

Fri Feb 19, 2010

grasstree
seems to know a lot about different buffalos and now even knows everything about zoysia's,, i only state what i see with my own eyes. Obviously you have a vested interest in turf more likely you are a grower of turf to know so much about all different grasses so obviously you grow sapphire and palmetto any maybe empire zoysia why else would you state these are the best grasses in the world.. Anyway im not being mischevious as you stated before, i hope your comments improve your sales... As a guide we promote our products on their merits alone without putting down the opposition grasses we find sales improve when your honest and customers respect your opinions better when your honest..
cheers

Thu Mar 04, 2010

Turfman123

Yes I know a lot about turf. That is why I am interested in sharing my knowledge with others. I am writing what I think. Backed by research. Would you like me to share the research that the opinion above is based on? Scientific research into low maintenance grasses. I note you are not disagreeing with my factual and well researched findings, but would prefer to question my credibility. Well I am in the turf industry but I only write what I believe. I am not saying terrible things about turf types like you have in another post; I am not putting down opposition grasses like you did in the Buffalo post. For someone who claims honesty, you certainly write a lot of negative knocking comments. Rather than doing that, why don't you try to be constructive and share knowledge with people, rather than just knock other posts. This site is here for sharing knowledge. Try to help people answer questions rather than just knock everyone.

Still, I like the editors comments about everyone being welcome on this forum in another post. I too welcome you to share your knowledge in a constructive way.

Mon Mar 08, 2010

This Turfman123 seems to be a bit of a knocker. Bags everything out all the time, rather than giving useful info.

Come on Turfman, make some real helpful posts, instead of knocking all the time. This is supossed to be a review site, where people give reviews, not just a bagfest.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what others thought. I think EZ grass is the best low maintenance lawn. I love it at home. Mow it less than even Palmetto.

Wed May 26, 2010

The research I showed in the earlier post is written up in a scientific paper.

As to knocking, I wish more people would put useful reviews on this site rather than being negative.. That is what it is for.

I will try to do some more reviews soon.

I am glade the original question was asked in this thread.

Wed May 26, 2010

No one is making negative comments in this thread about other grass. This thread is about what are low maintenance grasses. I do not get what you are on about. Can we get back to the topic of low maintenance grasses. On that point, has anyone tried the Liriope that makes a lawn in up to 90% shade and only needs mowing once per year..

Sat Dec 11, 2010

I have 2 x 1LT Bottles of Liquid Monument.

MONUMENT LIQUID is a selective herbicide for application after emergence of weeds, for control of certain weeds in established turf. MONUMENT LIQUID is an oil dispersion formulation that mixes readily with water and is applied as a spray. The degree of control resulting from application of MONUMENT LIQUID is primarily dependent upon weed species, weed size at application, environmental conditions, amount of MONUMENT LIQUID applied and growing conditions. Weed control is greatly improved when weeds have emerged, ample soil moisture exists and weeds are actively growing, than when the soil is dry and weeds are under stress from lack of moisture. Growth of susceptible weeds is inhibited soon after application of MONUMENT LIQUID. The leaves of susceptible plants normally turn yellow, red or purple after several days, followed by necrosis and death of the growing point. Complete plant death generally occurs 2 to 4 weeks after application, depending on the weed species, growing conditions, etc. Apply to actively growing weeds during early stages of development for best results. For optimum performance avoid mowing for 1 to 2 days prior to and following application.

The Retail Price per bottle is $1,050 + GST

I will be selling them for $700 inc

Wed Sep 14, 2011

Post Re: What Is The Lowest Maintenance Turf?
Back to low maintenance grass. I wish people would keep to the thread. I do not know what someone selling Monument has to do with this, except that it will reduce weeding I guess. Has anyone tried Nara Native turf. I was really amazed at its well fertilised winter colour. It stayed greener than the Buffalo types, and certainly needs less mowing.

Wed Sep 05, 2012
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]